Chulalongkorn University

CU-Emblem

President: Professor Bundhit Eua-arporn

APRU Senior Staff Contact:
Assistant Professor Dr. Kriengkrai Boonlert-U-Thai, Deputy Vice President for International Affairs

Website: http://www.chula.ac.th/en/

Originally established in 1871 as the Royal Page School producing graduates for government service, Chulalongkorn University has since then been instrumental in providing equal opportunities in higher education for all. In the royal words of King Chulalongkorn: "All of our subjects, -- be they royals, nobles or commoners-- will have the same opportunity to study."

This vision was realized by King Vajiravudh, his son, who founded the Kingdom's first university in 1917. The university was named Chulalongkorn University in honor of his father as it was during the reign of King Chulalongkorn that modern education in Thailand began to develop.

Since its inception, Chulalongkorn University has maintained a reputation for the excellence of its academic standards. Today, Chulalongkorn University has 25 Teaching Divisions, 2 Affiliated Institutes, 8 Research Institutes, 13 Academic Institutes/Centers, 20 Centers of Excellence and 108 Research Units, covering almost all disciplines, attracting the best minds of the country, both as lecturers and students.

Chulalongkorn University has more or less 3,000 enthusiastic, respectable, high-profile teaching staff and specialists to educate the students. The University's 487 programs inclusive of 70 international programs cover all fields of study both traditional academic discipline and interdisciplinary studies are offered in the various faculties to approximately 36,000 students.