The Third APRU Vice Presidents for Research Meeting 2017, hosted by Nanjing University, will be held from 19 to 22 May 2017 in Nanjing, China.
Themed “Enhancing the Role of Universities in Fueling Innovation and Entrepreneurship”, this meeting will address the topic of innovation and entrepreneurship which tops the development priority of many of our member universities.Prominent speakers from government, academia and research community will be invited to share with participants their insights on this front, and how APRU as an alliance of 45 research-led universities can be a facilitator. It is also a valuable opportunity for participants to share their experience across geographic and cultural borders and learn from the best practices of their peers.
Proposed discussion topics include:
- Promoting technology transfer in universities and university-based research centers: how technology can benefit the society
- Promoting innovation and entrepreneurship education: curriculum design and the role of teachers
- Measurement of input of efforts and outcomes in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Different education models for innovation and entrepreneurship
- Fundamentals of promoting innovation and entrepreneurship in universities
- Best practices of students’ business start-ups