Information for Mentors
Program Goals for Mentors
- Join a network of like-minded professionals striving to drive gender balance in leadership positions at their university.
- Advance leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills of aspiring women leaders.
- Empower the next generation of women leaders at your institution and across the region.
- Build a strong and supportive network from across the leading research universities of the Asia Pacific.
- Give back to the community in a meaningful way through supporting younger women and developing their leadership skills.
Expectations of an Effective Mentor
- All Mentors, both men and women, work on a voluntary basis and share the same philosophy and values: to support women striving to achieve leadership capacity in their higher education institutions.
- Mentors will provide: advice in their respective fields of expertise; offer access to their networks, will share their experiences, and will support mentees in their professional leadership development.
- Mentors communicate openly providing support as well as constructive feedback to mentees in order to help them achieve their goals.