The Conference on Engineering Sustainable Development is co-hosted by the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) and APRU. This is an inaugural event of the APRU Sustainable Waste Management Program that will take place on December 12-13, 2019 at Korea University.
Engineers, scientists, and policymakers are invited to discuss technical and engineering challenges of addressing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the 17 SDGs. Invited speakers are listed here.
[Call For Abstract]
Submit your abstract for oral or poster presentation by October 31, 2019. You are encouraged to pick one of the following topics for your work.
1. Sustainable Energy
- Decarbonization through carbon conversion, capture and storage
- Biofuel and bioenergy breakthrough
- Materials development for solar PV and wind power
- Waste to energy
2. Water Sustainability and Security
- Advances in materials and processes for safe water treatment
- Water-energy-food nexus
- Sustainable water management
3. Economic, Social, Climatic and Environmental Issues
- Advances in chemical and mechanical recycling of waste plastics
- Circular economy and industrial ecology
- PFAS assessment and remediation
- Sustainable building materials and infrastructure
Submit your abstract here.
- August 1: Registration opens
- October 31: Call for abstracts closes
- November 12: Early bird registration ends
Find out the registration rate, venue and more on the website.
- Yong Sik Ok, Korea University, Conference Chair
- Jae Woo Lee, KAIST, Conference Co-Chair
- Young-Kwon Park, University of Seoul, Conference Co-Chair
- Steering committee members