Since 1970, more than one billion people from over 190 countries come together and celebrate Earth Day every year on April 22, to take actions towards a greener, more equitable future for our planet.
The theme for Earth Day 2023 is “Invest In Our Planet“, a continuation of the successful 2022 campaign. Our planet needs our positive actions to protect it. It is important for us to commit our time, resources and energy to solving climate change and other environmental issues.
Start small and go big. Taking part doesn’t require a lot of effort. Every small action will accumulate into great strength and make a difference on the world around you.
We invite you to unleash your creativity to share your daily habits on how you address ONE of the following Earth Day actions through writing, art, photography, videography or any type of creative media:
- End fast fashion
- End plastic pollution
- Equitable education
- Global cleanup
- Plant trees
- Vote for the Earth
We will match your efforts by pledging to plant 30 trees at locations across the Pacific Rim for each submission received. Selected entries will be featured on the VSE website, social media and email newsletters that could be seen by thousands of students and education professionals across the Pacific Rim. Three best entries will be selected and will be each awarded with a US$100 Amazon gift card.
Submit your entries by April 21 2023 and turn your creativity into meaningful action to invest in our planet!
Click here to submit your creative entry!
- Participation in this campaign is limited to current students of APRU member universities.
- Entries must be original and created wholly by the entrants in the form of writing (max 300 words), art, photography, videography or any type of digitally replicable media.
- The VSE Central Office will make a donation to One Tree Planted to have 30 trees planted for every entry submitted. A maximum of 1,500 trees will be planted through this campaign.
- By submitting an entry through this campaign’s webform, the entrant agrees to share the submitted entry with the APRU Virtual Student Exchange Program. The submitted materials may be published on VSE website, social media, email newsletters and other promotional channels.
- A panel of reviewers appointed by the VSE Central Office will review submitted entries and select three entrants with “best entries”, who each will be awarded with a US$100 Amazon gift card.
- Results of the best three entries will be posted on this webpage in due course. The VSE Central Office will contact the winning entrants through the email address as indicated in the webform.
- In case of dispute, the VSE Central Office shall have the absolute right of final decision.
Click here to find out more details.