Hosted by The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Every year on April 22, more than one billion people around the world celebrates Earth Day, to demonstrate support and raise awareness in protecting our planet’s environment. Taking part doesn’t require a lot of effort. Picking up litter, turning off the lights, or spreading the message – a small contribution from each and every one of us will accumulate into great strength and create a lasting impact.
The theme for Earth Day 2022 is “Invest In Our Planet“. Investing in our planet is not just about money. As individuals, our voices, actions, and interactions for a healthy planet will pay off. What each of us does, and how we do it, has a huge ripple effect on our ecosystems, and on the pace of corporate and government action.
Share with us your ideas of investing in our planet: what can you do? what have you done? We invite you to unleash your creativity to share with us your answer to these questions through writing, art, photography, videography or any type of creative media. We will match your efforts by pledging to plant 30 trees at locations across the Pacific Rim for each submission received. Selected entries will be featured on the VSE website, social media and email newsletters that could be seen by thousands of students and education professionals across the Pacific Rim. Three best entries will be selected and will be each awarded with an Amazon Kindle e-book reader.
Submit your entries by April 30 and turn your creativity into meaningful action to invest in our planet!
- Participation in this campaign is limited to current students of APRU member universities.
- Entries should be made through the designated webform (the webform) for this campaign.
- Entries could be in the form of writing (max 300 words), art, photography, videography or any type of digitally replicable media.
- The VSE Central Office will make a donation to One Tree Planted to have 30 trees planted for every entry submitted. A maximum of 1,500 trees will be planted through this initiative.
- Entries submitted through the webform will be reviewed by a panel of reviewers appointed by the VSE Central Office. A number of entries selected by the panel will be published on VSE website, social media, email newsletters and other promotional channels. Among the selected entries, three “best entries” will be selected.
- The three entrants with “best entries” will each be awarded with one Amazon Kindle e-book reader (the prize). The VSE Central Office will contact the corresponding entrants for details of prize delivery.
- The VSE Central Office shall not be responsible or liable in any way whatsoever in relation to the prize (including but not limited to the quality, supply, delivery and the use of the prize). The VSE Central Office will also not be responsible or liable for loss or damage directly or indirectly resulting from any use or misuse of the prize. The VSE Central Office will not be responsible for practical and technical support of the prizes.
- By submitting an entry through this activity’s webform, the entrant agree to share the submitted entry with the APRU Virtual Student Exchange Program. The submitted materials may be used for VSE marketing purposes.
- In case of dispute, the VSE Central Office shall have the absolute right of final decision.