Enhancing Asia-Pacific Research Collaboration to Solve Global Challenges
Around 30 Vice-Presidents for Research, research leaders and administrators from APEC economies gathered on the campus of Tecnológico de Monterrey from 9 to 10 November 2016 for the 2nd APRU Vice Presidents for Research Meeting.
The two-day meeting addressed the common challenges facing APRU universities, making specific reference to Latin America. Topics discussed included:
– Global programs for research talent development
– Technology-based entrepreneurship
– International research collaborations
– Intellectual property policy
– Challenges and opportunities in the Asia-Pacific region and capabilities of APRU members
– Institutional strategic alliances
– APRU Impact Report
Prof Arturo Molina, Tecnológico de Monterrey, welcomed delegates to meeting. [Photo: Tecnológico de Monterrey]
Dr Christopher Tremewan, APRU Secretary General, updated delegates on the latest development of APRU. [Photo: Tecnológico de Monterrey]
Vice-Presidents for Research shared their insights on various research issues.
Prof Flavio Salazar, University of Chile