Level Up Our WorldAPRU challenges students of the Asia Pacific Rim to showcase their digital art skills to influence the gaming industry. Students are invited to design a cast of characters and/or game bosses for their original game idea which reflect students’ vision to shape an equitable, sustainable, and inclusive world. With 2.7 billion people playing games globally, the gaming sector has the potential to cut across geography, demography and generations for the good of society. Recent gaming trends have introduced new and diverse characters in the gameplay and we encourage students, as the future leaders of the industry, to create endless possibilities to level up our world. Submission Deadline: September 23 at 12noon (Hong Kong Time) (Deadline Extended)
- 1st Place: USD $500, Trophy, Moon Lab Personalized NFT, 1-year digital subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud
- 2nd Place: USD $350
- 3rd Place: USD $250
- Each piece must be accompanied with a short description about their characters’ personas, such as: name, strengths, weaknesses, personalities, hobbies, and living environment.
- All entries must follow the contest goal to shape a just, sustainable and inclusive world.
- Only original artwork accepted.
- All artwork submitted must be digital paintings created with illustration software. There is no limitation regarding the software used to create the artworks.
- The contest is open to 2D and 3D artists (3D renderings are allowed).
- Each participant can submit one piece.
- File size must not exceed 16MBs.
- Only png and jpeg image file formats will be accepted.
- The participant MUST have a full copyright of their submitted work.
- Traditional art, photography, photo manipulations, collages and animation are NOT accepted.
- Submissions containing filtered photos, photo manipulations, collages or animation are NOT accepted.
Winners will be announced on September 30.
- Creativity and originality
- Relevance to the contest theme
As a network of leading universities linking the Americas, Asia and Australasia, the Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU) is the Voice of Knowledge and Innovation for the Asia-Pacific region. We bring together thought leaders, researchers, and policy-makers to exchange ideas and collaborate on effective solutions to the challenges of the 21st century.
We leverage collective education and research capabilities of our members into the international public policy process. Our primary research areas include natural hazards & disaster risk reduction, women in leadership, population aging, global health, sustainable cities, artificial intelligence & the future of work, the Pacific Ocean, and labor mobility.
Cyberport is an innovative digital community with over 1,650 start-ups and technology companies. It is managed by Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited, which is wholly owned by the Hong Kong SAR Government. With a vision to be the hub for digital technology thereby creating a new economic driver for Hong Kong, Cyberport is committed to nurturing a vibrant tech ecosystem by cultivating talent; promoting entrepreneurship among youth; supporting start-ups on their growth journey; fostering industry development by promoting collaboration with local and international partners; and integrating new and traditional economies by accelerating digital adoption in the public and private sectors.
Cyberport is focused on facilitating the growth of major technology trends such as FinTech, smart living, digital entertainment/e-sports and cybersecurity, as well as the emerging technologies of artificial intelligence (AI), big data and blockchain, to foster the transformation of Hong Kong into a smart city. With a team of committed professionals providing all-rounded, value-added services, state-of-the-art facilities and smart workspaces to support our digital community, Cyberport is now the flagship for Hong Kong’s digital technology industry.
Moon Lab is a Hong Kong based Blockchain-as-a-service (BaaS) solution company that aims to bridge people from Web 2.0 to Web 3.0. The firm is founded by a group of digital artists and engineers. Moon Lab has been working together with local universities and financial institutions in offering them NFT solutions, metaverse campus building and many other blockchain-related projects. We are committed to remove all the barriers to mass adoption of blockchain technology.
For more information about the MetaGame Conference please visit: https://www.apru.org/event/apru-metagame-conference-2022/