The 6th APRU Vice – Presidents for Research Meeting 2024
Theme: Collaborative Research For A Better Future
The APRU Vice Presidents for Research Meeting brings together university leadership in strategic and collaborative research. Through this platform, APRU’s VPs for Research network addresses critical issues in the future of research universities, policies, funding, technological transfer and enterprise in research-intensive universities in the Pacific Rim.
Themed “Collaborative Research for A Better Future,” the 6th APRU Vice Presidents for Research Meeting will be held on April 21-23, 2024, at the University of Science and Technology. During the event, the participants will have the opportunity to:
- Discuss critical issues on capacity building and challenges on advancing emerging technologies research e.g. Artificial Intelligence, New Energy, Sustainable Technology
- Strengthen university and industry collaboration in research.
- Share your lessons and learn from other institutions about how to measure research impact.
- Discuss the possibilities of the role and strategy of APRU for international research collaborations and identify strategies for leveraging the network.
- Develop a deeper understanding of the institutions in China and the strategic priorities and challenges of the host university.
- Learn about fostering innovation within university institutions and engage in discussion about how to facilitate start-up incubation and technology commercialization.