We are pleased to welcome the following presidents who will serve on the APRU Steering Committee, the executive body of the network which oversees its strategy, policy, programs and finances, for the year 2023-2024.
Steering Committee members (in alphabetical order of the name of universities):
- Vice-Chancellor and President Rocky S. Tuan, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Chair)
- Vice-Chancellor Dawn Freshwater, The University of Auckland (Vice-Chair)
- President Kohei Itoh, Keio University
- President Tan Eng Chye, National University of Singapore
- President Ryu Hong Lim, Seoul National University
- President Kuiling Ding, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- President and Vice-Chancellor Joy Johnson, Simon Fraser University
- President David Garza, Tecnológico de Monterrey
- President and Vice-Chancellor Xiang Zhang, The University of Hong Kong
- Vice-Chancellor and President Deborah Terry, The University of Queensland
- Rector Rosa Devés, Universidad de Chile
- Vice-Chancellor Mohd. Hamdi Abd. Shukor, Universiti Malaya
- Chancellor Gene D. Block, UCLA
- President Carol L. Folt, University of Southern California
- Professor Thomas Schneider, Chief Executive, APRU
- Mr. Sherman Cheng, Chief Financial Officer, APRU
Comprising elected presidents representing various regions of Asia-Pacific, the Steering Committee is responsible for driving the activities of the association and giving direction to its impact and advocacy work across the region.
Click here for the biographies of Steering Committee members.