We are pleased to welcome the following presidents who will serve on the APRU Steering Committee, the executive body of the network which oversees its strategy, policy, programs and finances, for the year 2022-2023.
Steering Committee members (in alphabetical order of the name of universities):
- Chancellor Gene D. Block, UCLA (Chair)
- Vice-Chancellor and President Rocky S. Tuan, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Vice-Chair)
- President Jin Taek Chung, Korea University
- President Tan Eng Chye, National University of Singapore
- President Zhongqin Lin, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- President David Garza, Tecnológico de Monterrey
- Vice-Chancellor Dawn Freshwater, The University of Auckland
- President and Vice-Chancellor Santa J. Ono, The University of British Columbia
- President and Vice-Chancellor Xiang Zhang, The University of Hong Kong
- Vice-Chancellor and President Deborah Terry, The University of Queensland
- Vice-Chancellor Mohd. Hamdi Abd. Shukor, Universiti Malaya
- Chancellor Carol T. Christ, UC Berkeley
- President Carol L. Folt, University of Southern California
- President Aiji Tanaka, Waseda University
- Dr. Christopher Tremewan, Secretary General, APRU
- Mr. Sherman Cheng, Chief Financial Officer, APRU
Comprising elected presidents representing various regions of Asia-Pacific, the Steering Committee is responsible for driving the activities of the association and giving direction to its impact and advocacy work across the region.
Click here for the biographies of Steering Committee members.